In Loving Memory of Jesse Gabriel Kammerzell

Your precious feet left tiny footprints in our hearts...



Thursday, March 4, 2010

A sign from above?

It's a chilly Monday night, a few weeks after Jesse went to Heaven. Billy and I are waiting for Sami's dance class to end, so we decide to walk through a nearby Hallmark store. It being just after Christmas, there is a rack of clearance ornaments, the personalized kind. I always look for Sami's name whenever I see those kinds of things. So I'm searching, there, hanging on the peg right next to a red Samantha, there is a blue one, obviously hung back in the wrong place. My breath catches in my chest for a moment as I read the name on the misplaced ornament. Jesse. Not misplaced at all. Call me superstitious, but I think our little guy was just letting us know that he is okay. We can't hold him in our arms, but he is with us, forever in our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. I love when we see a reminder of their presense still with us, still around us.

    ReplyDelete